Monday, March 22, 2010

Hot Dog Boats

This post is a tribute to your kids.
I will probably get made fun of for this recipe, because most people think it is ridiculous, but we had this all of the time growing up, and I thought it was amazing.  Now my kids love them.  I think it is the perfect go-to kid food... what little person doesn't love hot dogs?
Hot Dog Boats
2 hot dogs
3/4 c. left over mashed potatoes
2 slices cheese

Cut hotdogs in half lengthwise, and place on cookie sheet.
Top each with mashed potatoes.
Layer cheese slices on top.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and hot dogs and potatoes are warmed through.

3 comments:

  1. How could anyone make fun of you for this recipe?! We all know we had it as kids and loved it. And who are we kidding ourselves, just because we're adults, it doesn't mean it doesn't taste good! I haven't made these ever, I don't think, but I'm sure I would love them now if I did make them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had this all the time as kids but with bologna. We called them Bologna Boats. And I won't lie, I still love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pairs well with an exceptional dipping sauce called ketchup.

    ReplyDelete