Monday, March 4, 2013

Sweet Soy Soaked Salmon over Noodles

I decided I need to expose my children to fish.
The Mr. HATES fish.  Actually, I'm not sure that 'hate' is a strong enough word.  Needless to say, it hasn't been worth the argument, so I don't make it unless he is out of town.  Unless I forget.  Which is what usually happens.
But today, I remembered!  And I knew just the recipe I was going to use, because I had saved it for months and months, just waiting for the perfect opportunity.
It did not disappoint.  And all 3 of my non-fish eating kids ate it.  And I get to eat the leftovers tomorrow.  And that makes me happy...
   
Sweet Soy Soaked Salmon over Noodles
Recipe from Bake-aholic

4 1/4lb. salmon fillets
1/2 lb. spaghetti pasta
olive oil
6 Tbsp. soy sauce
3" piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated (I used 1 tsp. powdered)
juice of 1 lime (2-3 Tbsp.)
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 bundle broccolini (I used asparagus)
1 large carrot, grated
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
4 scallions, chopped
2 tsp. sugar
3/4 c. chicken broth

Combine soy sauce, ginger, lime juice and red pepper flakes.
Pour over fish in a shallow dish and marinate for 5 minutes.


Wash and cut vegetables and set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions.

Meanwhile, heat a large skillet with 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat.
Remove salmon from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and add to hot skillet.
Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
Remove salmon from skillet and tent with foil to keep it warm.

Wipe skillet out and return to stove with additional 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
Add the bell pepper, asparagus, grated carrot and garlic.
Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.

Add the sugar to the reserved marinade, and pour into the skillet.
Add chicken broth and bring to a light boil; let simmer for 1 minute.

Add the cooked, drained pasta and the scallions; toss to combine.
Serve salmon over noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment