Monday, June 17, 2013

Baked Fried Chicken

This recipe is one of my favorites!  Anyone who knows me knows that I DO NOT have favorites.  On average I try a new recipe for dinner at least 4 days of the week.  It is uncommon for me to make something more than once a month.
But this chicken...  It is just. So. Delicious.
The kids love it.  The hubs loves it.  I love it.
I make it at least once a month.
I've taken it for moms with new babies / a sick neighbor.
I've made it on busy weekdays and when company is coming.
It is fantastic, moist, wonderfully easy, and you will not be disappointed!
Photo courtesy of Our Life Uncommon
Baked Fried Chicken
Recipe modified from Our Life Uncommon

4 chicken breasts
2 c. milk
2 Tbsp. lemon juice

1 Tbsp. seasoned salt
3/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. paprika
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. cornflake crumbs

Place chicken breasts in a bowl and cover with milk.
Add lemon juice.
Let soak for 20-30 minutes.

In a large ziplock bag, mix remaining ingredients.
Allow excess milk to drip off of chicken before placing in the bag.
Seal and shake bag to coat chicken evenly.

(Coated chicken in the bag can be placed in the fridge for 24 hours, or until ready to bake).

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a 9x13" casserole dish, drop 3 Tbsp. of butter.
Allow butter to melt in pan inside oven while preheating.
Spread melted butter to ensure bottom of dish is evenly coated.

Arrange chicken in dish.
Cook for 20 minutes.
Turn each piece over and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment