Monday, June 10, 2013

Everyday Natural Yeast Waffles

Have you heard of the health benefits that come from using Natural Yeast?  For all of you gluten intolerant folks out there, I would highly recommend looking into it.  You can start by reading this post.  That is a very brief yet fascinating overview that will provide you with more information.  After that check out the link below.

As for me, I have been experimenting for MONTHS using the stuff.  This is by far my most used recipe.  I love waffles, and these ones do not disappoint!

   
Everyday Waffles {Natural Yeast}
Recipe from Melissa Richardson

2 c. natural yeast start
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk

Combine all ingredients and pulse in blender (I use an immersion blender) until smooth.
Batter will be runny.

I have noticed that these take a little longer to cook than regular waffles.  I let mine go an additional minute in the waffle iron after my green light comes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment